dem (232.) Geburtstag Amerikas. Sammy (auf dem Foto links), der Sohn einer deutschen Freundin, verbrachte den Tag mit uns, da seine Eltern bei seiner Schwester im Krankenhaus waren. Joey fand es super, eine " grossen Bruder" im Haus zu haben und fuer mich war es eine neue Erfahrung, den ganzen Tag auf 2 Kinder aufzupassen.
Here are some pictures from the 4th of July, America's 232nd birthday. This year we had the son of a German friend staying with us for the day, since his parents had to stay in the hospital with his sister. Joey was very excited about having an "older brother" and I got a taste of how it is to care for 2 children.
Of course we had our ( the neighborhood) traditional BBQ and everyone helped to keep Sammy happy and to distract him from getting homesick.
Our neighborhood is really special. This is something I'll definitely miss when we will move back to Germany one day.
Diese Bilder sind von unserem heutigen Zoobesuch. Nachdem uns hier im Haus die Decke auf den Kopf zu fallen drohte ( Jeff ist immernoch unterwegs) packte ich schnell ein paar Sachen zusammen und wir fuhren spontan in den Zoo.
So spontan, dass ich erst dort merkte, dass ich noch meine Hausschuhe anhatte:
Those pictures are from our trip to the zoo. Joey and I got really bored in the house and so I decided to go to the zoo. I grabed a few things, we jumped in the car and drove to the zoo. It was such a spontanious decision, that I, when I got out of the car eventually noticed that I was still wearing my house shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment